1/29/10

On our way to the grocery



So I went to the grocery today. Not a tremendously far walk there however, with two extremely heavy bags and snow/rain coming down on the way back it seemed a little different. I took reusable bags because in Europe or at least Ireland and Amsterdam they do not supply plastic bags for your groceries. You are also your own bag-boy. And they are super-fast and continue ringing up the next customer. I think it is efficient and America definitely wastes so much in the way of plastic. To grab a grocery cart you must put in 1 euro into the lock and the cart will unlock from the rest of the carts. When it is returned, it locks back in and you get your euro back. If I remember correctly from my French books in High school that is also how they do it in France. That is also how I knew what to do. Thanks Mrs. Cacciatore, and I never thought I would say that.
The pictures are of graffiti on Ramsfield Street and a biker over the canal with pigeons in the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment